Bradford Cathedral is delighted to welcome visiting choirs to sing for services when the cathedral choir is on holiday. There are many dates available throughout the year, and you can be assued of a warm welcome from the clergy and congregation.
Please contact Jon Payne (email@example.com), Assistant Director of Music, for more information.
Choral Eucharist 10.15am
Choral Evensong 4.00pm
Saturdays and weekdays:
Saturday 22nd & Sunday 23rd June +
Saturday 29th & Sunday 30th July +
Saturday 5th & Sunday 6th August +
Saturday 12th & Sunday 13th August +
Saturday 19th & Sunday 20th August +
Saturday 26th & Sunday 27th August +
Saturday 18th & Sunday 19th February
Saturday 24th & Sunday 25th February
Saturday 7th & Sunday 8th April
Saturday 14th & Sunday 15th April +
Saturday 2nd & Sunday 3rd June
Saturday 21st & Sunday 22nd July +
Saturday 28th & Sunday 29th July +
Saturday 4th & Sunday 5th August +
Saturday 11th & Sunday 12th August +
Saturday 18th & Sunday 19th August +
Saturday 25th & Sunday 26th August +
+ Choirs taking on these weekends are also welcome to sing for Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday Evensongs (or any combination thereof) in the preceding week.
ACCOMMODATION, TRAVEL and DINNER ARRANGEMENTS
There are plenty of excellent accommodation options in Bradford that are suitable for groups with and withou children. All of the following places are 5 to 10 minutes' walk from the cathedral:
- Premier Inn
- Jury's Inn
- Midland Hotel
- Great Victoria Hotel
Bradford has two railway stations and the major hub of Leeds is only 20 minutes away by train
- Bradford Forster Square (5 mins' walk). Trains to Leeds, Skipton, Ilkley etc.
- Bradford Interchance (10 mins' walk). Trains to Leeds, Manchester, London, Huddersfield, Halifax etc.
Bradford is well known as being the 'curry capital' of the UK. For those who don't like spicy food, there are many national chains in the city centre:
- The Kashmir (behind the Alhambra Theatre): Bradford's original curry house. Don't expect to be given a knife and fork!
- Omar Khan's (opposite Mecca Bingo): The £14.95 banquet will prevent you from eating for a week afterwards, such is the quantity of food!
- Zizzi's (Broadway shopping centre): Great pizzas etc
- Guzelian Café (on Church Bank, by the cathedral): generous sandwiches, salads and sharing platters
- Kala Sangam (in old St Peter's House, by the cathedral's west tower): Fusion food at low prices, including the famous 'Yorkshire Samosa'.
Follow the Cathedral Choir on Facebook